Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When Trials Come

It has been a very trying week for our family. Monday night I came close to losing someone dear to me. After calling the ambulance I asked the Lord to save her life. It is a feeling of terror which is hard to explain. As my daughter and I left to meet her at the ER, I prayed for peace for my friend and her husband and for my family.
My mind whirled with questions mixed with many what ifs.... At the end of each question and concern I came back to the same answer...
God was in control. No matter what the outcome. God created my friend and He loves my friend more than I ever could. He knows the number of hairs on her head and He knows the number of days she will live on this earth. Though I couldn't remember the reference, the Lord put this verse in my heart and mind that night.
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

My friend is recovery and though I don't want to give out her name, we do covet your prayers as she starts a rehab program.


No comments: