Monday, July 27, 2009



I keep getting emails asking why I named my site "Life is Bright". Let me answer everyone at one time. I have a condition known as Ocular Albinism. I have had it since birth. It's a defect with the iris in the eye. There is no control in how much light is allowed to enter the eye. It would be like you having a spotlight shining in your eyes anytime you were awake. Hence, "Life is Bright". One of the downfalls of this is that everyone who walks toward me is a dark shadow. The light overpowers the person. I am also legally blind so yep you guessed it Blind and Blond makes for TONS of jokes from all of my FRIENDS.
In my early years I did not cope well with my condition. I prayed each day as a child and teen that God would help Drs. find a cure for this. When the teen years came, all of my friends were peeling into the school parking lot in their Mustangs and I had to come back my Jr. year to tell them the Drs. said I would probably never drive. I grew to resent my condition even though God blessed me with tons of great and understanding friends, I still felt like a freak.
Through the years the Lord has taught me many valuable lessons about being DIFFERENT. Though they have never found a cure and though I probably will never drive, I now understand that He created me for His purpose. He had crafted me and I have peace in that. Do I get frustrated? You bet, but doesn't everyone get frustrated with one thing or the other about themselves? When those times come I count my blessings and walk on.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. " Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: