Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Surrender

I have been through a battery of test in the last couple of months for a condition that is attacking the body and will not stop. The result show that the problem is MY OWN BODY is attacking itself! My immune system has gone haywire. It thinks that part of me is a foreign object and is trying to kill it off! Don’t worry, I’m not contagious.
The thought of that is just crazy to me. Why would it want to hurt itself? It’s like banging your head over and over again against a brick wall. Wouldn’t it want to protect its own?
Have you ever made a conscience decision in life knowing it would NOT be a good one and would probably end up hurting you and those around you in the end but did it anyway? Yep, been there and done that. It’s worse than watching a train crash, because you are not only watching it, but you’re also the driving force.
The solution to my health issue is that I am on mega doses of steroids. In order to stop the body from killing off itself, the medication has to make the body drop its defense system and this will go into remission for what we pray will be a long time.
In order for this medication to work the body will have to lay down its “guns” and surrender. The bad side of this is that I have no immunity during this time.
My body has two choices to make. Ignore the meds and continue its battle or surrender and be healed. It seems like such an easy choice doesn’t it? How many of us though, after banging our head and knowing it will hurt, still go back and do it again? What THING do we do over and over and over again and feel the pain each time. It seems it would be so much smarter to just lay it down at the Savior’s feet and say “I surrender all”.

2 comments:

Remnant Sons MC said...

I have always loved your perspective. Be
thinking and praying fir you
jeff

Life is Bright said...

Thank you Jeff. I've been praying for you and your sweet wife during your move and new job.