Thursday, September 01, 2011

Wrong Aisle At The Right Time





Each day brings new challenges when you are legally blind. Sometimes it’s nice just to be able to laugh at yourself. I was in a store the other day and asked a clerk where an item was located. She muttered “Aisle 20”. To YOU, that is all the help you need. What she didn’t know is that I could only see some of the numbers, so I found the first number and started counting up in my head to 20. Finally, I thought that I had found the aisle, but NO…it’s wine. I was definitely not looking for that. I guess at that point I rolled my eyes, or showed some type of exasperation because a sweet lady had been watching me struggle to find this item. (She could have also been security wondering why I was casing the place!) “Can I help you?” she asked. I told her what I was searching for; only to find out they didn’t carry it.
I thought, “Why in the world did I wasted all of this time for nothing?” As I walked down the aisle to leave, I heard my name. I knew the voice before I could actually see her; a friend from long ago. She seemed tired, and as we began to talk, it was clear that her life had been a rough one. She cried as she told about her children and we laughed as we remembered old times. We hugged and exchanged info and I continued walking.
I then realized that this wasn’t a “legally blind” moment, but a “God Moment”! He orchestrated my steps that day and put me in the “wrong” aisle! Our minds are finite, and we have a limited understanding of God's ways.

Proverbs 16:9
A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps







No comments: